Elsabetha Stormweaver had never been one for the hustle and bustle of city life. She had spent her entire life in the tranquil depths of the forest, listening to the rustling of the leaves and the gentle chirping of the birds.
But today, she found herself in the city of Neverwinter, looking for a place to rest and replenish her supplies. She stumbled upon an inn and tavern called ‘The Burly Earl’, and decided to stop in for a meal.
As she entered the dimly lit establishment, she was hit with the overwhelming smell of roasted meat and ale.
The serving woman greeted her with a warm smile, and Elsabetha couldn’t help but notice how beautiful she looked in the flickering light of the candles. She had long, curly red hair that cascaded down her back, and bright blue eyes that sparkled with mirth.
“Welcome to The Burly Earl, my lady,” the serving woman said. “What can I get for you?”
Elsabetha scanned the menu, her eyes lighting up as she saw the words ‘roasted chicken’ and ‘root vegetables’ listed under the main courses.
“I’ll have the roasted chicken with root vegetables, please,” she said.
The serving woman nodded, scribbling the order down on her notepad. “Excellent choice, my lady. I’ll have that out for you in no time.”
As Elsabetha waited for her meal, she took in the sights and sounds of the tavern. It was bustling with activity, with patrons laughing and chatting over tankards of ale. The walls were adorned with tapestries depicting grand battles and ancient legends, and a bard was playing a lively tune on a lute in the corner.
Before long, the serving woman arrived with a steaming plate of food.
The roasted chicken was crispy and golden, with a savory aroma that made Elsabetha’s mouth water. The root vegetables were roasted to perfection, with a slight crunch on the outside and a soft, buttery texture on the inside. It was the perfect meal to warm her body and soul after a long day of traveling.
As she ate, Elsabetha couldn’t help but wonder what the serving woman’s story was. She seemed too lively and spirited to be working in a tavern her entire life. Perhaps she had a secret passion for music or storytelling, or a dream of traveling the world. Elsabetha made a mental note to ask her about it later.
When she finished her meal, the serving woman brought her a tankard of ale and a slice of apple pie. The ale was cold and refreshing, with a slight bitterness that was balanced out by the sweetness of the apple pie.
Elsabetha savored every bite, feeling grateful for the warmth and comfort that The Burly Earl had provided her.
As she left the tavern, she couldn’t help but smile at the serving woman, who had given her a warm hug before she left.
“Thank you for the wonderful meal, and for your hospitality,” she said. “May your ale be cold and your fire be warm.”
Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables Recipe
- 1 Chicken Whole
- 2 lb Mixed root vegetables Carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, etc
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the root vegetables with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, 1 tsp. of salt, 1/2 tsp. of black pepper, and any other desired spices.
- Place the vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil, salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Rub the chicken with the herb mixture, making sure to get it on all sides.
- Place the chicken on top of the root vegetables on the baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving with the roasted root vegetables. Enjoy!