Alder Brightwood had come to Neverwinter to investigate rumors of a cult that had been sacrificing innocent people in the nearby forest. He had been traveling for days and was in need of a hot meal and a good night’s rest.
As he entered The Burly Earl, he spotted a familiar face among the patrons. It was an old friend from his days at the Cathedral of Helm, a dwarf named Gorn Ironheart. Alder made his way over to Gorn’s table, and they greeted each other warmly.
“Good to see you, my friend,” Gorn said with a broad grin. “What brings you to Neverwinter?”
Alder explained his mission to Gorn, and the dwarf nodded gravely. “I’ve heard whispers of something dark and sinister lurking in these parts. You’ll need your strength if you’re going to root it out.”
The serving woman approached their table, and Alder asked for a recommendation.
“Well, we’ve got a special dish tonight,” the serving woman said. “It’s a roasted chimera with honey glaze and roasted vegetables. It’s one of our favorites.”
Alder’s mouth watered at the mention of the dish, and he nodded his approval.
The serving woman returned a few minutes later with a plate of roasted chimera that looked and smelled heavenly. The meat was tender and juicy, and the honey glaze gave it a sweet, smoky flavor that was out of this world. The roasted vegetables were perfectly cooked, with a crispy exterior and a soft, flavorful interior.
As they ate, Alder and Gorn caught up on old times, swapping stories and sharing memories. It felt good to be among friends, and Alder felt a sense of comfort and camaraderie that he had been missing on his lonely journey.
After the meal, Alder retired to his room at The Burly Earl, feeling full and content. As he drifted off to sleep, he couldn’t help but feel grateful for the simple pleasures that the tavern had provided him.
Roasted Chimera with Honey Glaze Recipe
- 1 whole chicken around 4 lbs.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4-5 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get it on all sides, and inside the cavity.
- Place the chicken in a large roasting pan and arrange the carrots, potatoes, and onion around it.
- Roast the chicken for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F (74°C) using a meat thermometer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Brush the honey glaze over the chicken during the last 15-20 minutes of roasting.
- Let the chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving with the roasted root vegetables.
- Optional step: For added flavor, mix the leftover glaze with the pan drippings and heat on the stove for a few minutes until it thickens into a sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the sliced chicken before serving.
Alder Brightwood – Male Human PaladinAlder-Brightwood
Copy the text below to import this monster (NPC, etc) into Foundry VTT.