Kaelen Shadowalker strolled into The Burly Earl, a popular inn and tavern in the heart of Neverwinter.
As she entered, the smell of ale and roasted meat greeted her, and she took a deep breath, savoring the familiar aroma. She walked over to the bar, where a beautiful serving woman with bright green eyes and dark hair greeted her.
“Welcome to The Burly Earl,” the woman said warmly. “What can I get for you?”
Kaelen scanned the menu, her eyes settling on the words “roasted wyvern with rosemary and garlic” listed under the daily specials.
“I’ll have the roasted wyvern with rosemary and garlic, please,” she said.
The serving woman raised an eyebrow. “You sure about that? Wyvern’s a bit gamey.”
Kaelen nodded. “I’m sure. I’ve had it before.”
The serving woman shrugged and disappeared into the kitchen, returning a few minutes later with a steaming plate of roasted wyvern, roasted root vegetables, and a side of buttered bread.
Kaelen dug in, savoring the rich, gamey flavor of the wyvern. The rosemary and garlic lent the meat a subtle, earthy flavor that paired perfectly with the sweetness of the root vegetables.
The buttered bread was soft and warm, with a salty, savory taste that was the perfect accompaniment to the wyvern.
As she ate, Kaelen couldn’t help but converse with the serving woman. She had a sharp wit and a playful sense of humor that Kaelen found refreshing.
“You’re quite good at your job,” Kaelen said with a smile.
The serving woman chuckled. “I’ve been working here for years. You pick up a few tricks along the way.”
Kaelen grinned. “I bet you have some interesting stories to tell.”
The serving woman nodded. “I’ve seen a lot of things in my time here, that’s for sure. But I always try to focus on the good.”
Kaelen finished her meal, feeling content and satisfied. As she left The Burly Earl, she couldn’t help but feel grateful for the simple pleasures the tavern provided her.
Roasted Wyvern With Rosemary And Garlic Recipe
- 1 boneless leg of lamb about 4-5 lbs.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4-5 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3-4 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the lamb, making sure to get it on all sides.
- Place the lamb in a large roasting pan and arrange the carrots, potatoes, and onion around it.
- Roast the lamb for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the lamb registers 145 degrees F for medium rare or 160 degrees F for medium.
- Let the lamb rest for 10-15 minutes before carving and serving with the roasted root vegetables. Enjoy!
Kaelen Shadowalker – Female Tiefling RogueKaelen-Shadowalker
Copy the text below to import this monster (NPC, etc) into Foundry VTT.